- RSS Channel Showcase 8011776
- RSS Channel Showcase 6638715
- RSS Channel Showcase 1386242
- RSS Channel Showcase 3812091
Articles on this Page
- 09/03/17--07:35: _Steps to Lower your...
- 09/20/17--18:51: _Why fasting matters...
- 09/21/17--09:01: _Time Restricted Fee...
- 09/22/17--14:29: _What is The Ketogen...
- 09/26/17--14:49: _How the war on Chol...
- 04/07/17--18:49: _Diet and Gut Microb...
- 10/09/16--10:12: _Keto diet proven ef...
- 07/20/16--23:39: _High-Protein Breakf...
- 04/07/17--11:21: _DASH Diet Lowers In...
- 09/21/17--20:37: _Don’t believe the L...
- 09/03/17--07:35: Steps to Lower your Blood Sugar levels and live longer
- 09/20/17--18:51: Why fasting matters: IGF-1 and inflammation
- 09/22/17--14:29: What is The Ketogenic Diet?
- 09/26/17--14:49: How the war on Cholesterol caused our diabetes epidemic
- 04/07/17--18:49: Diet and Gut Microbiota in Inflammation and Disease
- 10/09/16--10:12: Keto diet proven effective for diabetics
- 07/20/16--23:39: High-Protein Breakfasts Burn Calories and Reduce Hunger
- 04/07/17--11:21: DASH Diet Lowers Inflammation and blood pressure
- 09/21/17--20:37: Don’t believe the LIES about Garcinia Cambogia
This article was written and published on GarmaOnHealth.com by Joe Garma, and has been reproduced here in its entirety. There’s more than a 3-in-4 chance that your blood sugar is too high, and this can lead to a number of chronic health issues, even shorten your life. Learn how to measure and fix your blood sugar. […]
The post Steps to Lower your Blood Sugar levels and live longer appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
A very interesting and well designed intermittent fasting (IF) study published last year (hereafter denoted as “this study”) has been widely discussed because of its results on body composition. However, the data in this study shows a lot more if you are interested in health and longevity. There is some debate in the calorie restriction […]
Why do we eat the way we eat? For health? Marketing? Societal standards? Or just because that’s the way we have always done it? If your answer is the last one, please never use that as a reason ever again. With breakfast, lunch, dinner and grazing for snacks throughout the day; we could be eating […]
The post Time Restricted Feeding: Your Solution to Longevity and Shredding Fat appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Your diet is perhaps the most important factor controlling your health and well-being. Sure, other factors do play a role, but diet is the linchpin of the incredibly complex human biology. So, if you are trying to get rid of those love handles or get back in shape, a good diet can take your efforts […]
Cholesterol is a molecule required by every cell of the body in fairly large amounts. It can be easily synthesised by these cells, or taken up by them from LDL and other ApoB lipoproteins, but cannot be broken down. Cholesterol is not soluble in water, and thus must be carried through the blood on lipoprotein […]
The post How the war on Cholesterol caused our diabetes epidemic appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Emerging evidence links chronic intestinal inflammation with obesity and metabolic disorders like insulin resistance. What’s more, this association seems to be affected by changes in the gut microbiota caused by diet. Recently, a group of researchers summarized the available evidence in a review published in Cell Metabolism. Below is an overview of the review’s main points. […]
The post Diet and Gut Microbiota in Inflammation and Disease appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
Many nutritionalists and dietitians are joining the chorus of fans of ketogenic diet. And certainly it is more effective that even the best diet pills like Garcinia Cambodia. However, there are some health professionals concerned about the use of ketogenic diets for diabetics. Addressing this concern, a recent randomized controlled trial investigated the safety, tolerability […]
Obesity is a serious health concern. In both children and adults, it may increase the risk of several chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. For successful weight loss, multiple strategies are usually required. One effective approach may be to eat more protein (1). For this reason, researchers set out to see if […]
The post High-Protein Breakfasts Burn Calories and Reduce Hunger appeared first on Alivebynature - Evidence Based Reviews.
DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. The DASH diet is designed to reduce blood pressure and improve blood lipids. It’s typically low in fat and relatively high in carbs, but it’s not clear what role these macronutrients play in the diet’s effectiveness. For this reason, a group of researchers compared the effects of a higher-fat, lower-carb DASH […]
Since the late 1990’s Garcinia Cambogia has been included in various weight loss products, but exploded in popularity in 2012 when Dr Julie Chen talked about it on the Dr Oz TV show. Unfortunately, there is an avalanche of faulty information about Garcinia Cambogia on the web that we attempt to clean up below. WHAT […]